Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hello everyone, and thank you for visiting my blog. I am new to this whole blog thing so please bear with me. I am from west Texas where I have lived pretty much for the last 11 years. I am married to my beautiful wife Erin and we have a handsome 5 year old little boy named Austin. I am creating this blog to follow my venture into photography. I have loved photography since  high school when I worked on the school paper along with the school yearbook. I won a few awards along the way and decided to further my education a bit further in college. Along the way I changed majors several times, never quite finding what I wanted to do, until now...and guess what? You're right, all along it was photography. I had such a love for it in school but I never thought of trying to make a career of it. 
Now times have changed and the world of technology has taken over. I am finding myself in a whole new ball game. Where it was once several hours in the dark room hoping for that one perfect shot amongst the 300 + photos you had taken the night before, it is now several hours on the computer trying to turn the 300 + photos you have just taken into works of art. 
There are many advantages to digital photography compared to film photography.  Lets see; you don't have to spend tons of money on film, but you do have to spend a lot of money on memory cards... You don't have to spend a lot of money and time  on chemicals and equipment for the darkroom, but you have to spend a lot of time and money on software and the training on how to use the new software. Well, I guess that it all evens out after all, except in one area, that is very important to a photographer.  You know what you have  a second after you have released that shutter. You don't have to wait any longer,  and in todays fast-paced world, time is money.
I am now at the beginning stages of a new photography career. In time I hope that this venture will take me and my family where I know it is fully capable. I have now refound the gift that I was given so long ago and I am looking forward to the journey on which it is going take me. I will, one day soon, have a website.  When I  do I will post it on here, but until then everyone can see the work that I am doing right here.
In my early years I took mainly action photos, such as sports. I love photographing all types of sports, but I am also finding that I love photographing people and especially children. Put the two together and I am in heaven. I also love nature photography along with HDR photography. Let's face it, I will try any type of photography once and one day hope to find my specialty.
I will soon be posting some photos that I have taken recently, and along the way I hope to be able to see a difference in technique and quality of my work. I would love any comments and constructive criticism, as I am always trying to learn and develop new ideas and techniques.
I will try to post something new every couple of days, so please keep checking back. If you would like to contact me and set up a session please email me. Since I am just starting out, I am less expensive than most other professional photographers, but I feel that I can produce just as good if not better work. I currently do not have a studio, so I am only able to do location work. Besides, I love photographing outside in a more natural setting and letting my clients be themselves. I would rather have a relaxed and fun session than trying to get a forced "Say Cheese" smile. 
I look foward to hearing from and hopefully meeting you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment